Monday 8 February 2010

Seventy

I get a teensy bit influenced when I watch sporting montages or films involving sports, and I quickly think I can do them (I'm good at some... Cheerleading, football, swimming...) when fairly often I've never done them in my life. I had two instances of this yesterday. The first was when I went ot watch 'Invictus' - ooh it made me weep. I never cry at chick flicky films (Have you SEEN the notebook? Yawn.) but give me a film where the underdog team wins at a sport and there's some kind of crescendoing soundtrack to go along with it and I will blub. Every time.

Then I watched the superbowl. The Americans also seem to like their sporting montages.

When I watched oth of these things I became briefly convinced that I was a pro at the respective sports. I doubt I really am.

(Also, I've seen people use 'Allow' in this kind of context on Facebook. I've never tried it before myself. I hate it a little bit, but it rhymed so, hey - any port in a storm.)




I watched Invictus last night and so now,
I'm an expert in rugby somehow.
Watched the Superbowl too,
So it's also quite true.
I'm an NFL pro. Yes. Allow.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment