Monday 1 February 2010

Sixty Three

I used to sit next to one of my friends in maths (back when I still DID maths) and he was a bit obsessed with the fact that the number 63 was the best number and you could make any number come back to 63 if you just tried hard enough. We talked about it a lot. That, and whatever films we were into at the time... I feel I should make it clear that we were both slight less than cool, and also maths was boring - we didn't wholeheartedly subscribe to number-related conspiray theories. Some of his reasoning with the 63 thing was VERY suspect, which I often pointed out, but it never seemed to make much difference.

Anyway, to this day, I can't hear the number 63 and not think back to the days of the dodgy 'magic number' theories...


*sigh*





My friend used to say sixty three,
Was as magic as numbers could be.
Any number, with skill,
Comes to that - what a thrill...
It was pretty insane, you'll agree.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment