Saturday 23 January 2010

Fifty Three and Fifty Four

Unfortunately the socket in the only part of the house where I can get internet signal came a ropper yesterday after somebody (naming no names!) dropped the lid of a shredder onto it. No, I don't know how either...

So anyway, while I am doing quite well with keeping up with this 100days shindig, I was NOT about to risk electrocution for it, so this is the limerick for yseterday:


A shredder's a dangerous thing
But in a way I find quite surprising.
Drop the lid if you dare,
But you better beware.
A fight with a socket? It'll win.



Continuing with the theme of death, today we decided to finally do something about the mice that have been living in our roof. They've been there for ages - we could hear them running around - but we hadn't done anything before now, so we tok all of the lightbulbs out of the ceiling and put poison up there (I say 'we' - wasn't much help. I was too busy backing away into a corner clutching a torch and intending to hit them if by some miracle they came out of the ceiling and ran at me... I don't like mice much...). I'm guessing we'll deal with the aftermath later (there goes that 'we' again...)

Trust me, if you'd been sitting there listening to the bastards running around having more fun that you for the past few months, you'd like this limerick. Otherwise, possibly not so much...



The mice in our roof must have bred.
Goodness knows how they've kept themselves fed!
They have fun, we can tell,
And that's all very well,
But quite soon they will all just be dead.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment