Tuesday 8 December 2009

Eight

Every day when I get off the bus from work, I take a shortcut, which takes me down a tiny footpath through a little tiny wooded bit. I can only call it a 'bit' as I'm not sure there are words to describe an area of woods I can walk from one side of to the other in approximtely seven paces. When I say 'tiny', I mean TINY.

It's not exactly scary. I mean, yes it's technically a little like an alley and it's not lit or anything, but at the same time, my town is the living embodiment of 'suburban' so it doesn't exactly feel threatning.

Today however, I walked towards this tiny alley and saw a red light moving around in the trees. When I got nearer I could see it reflected in something (which I now realise were eyes...) and when I actually got onto the footpath proper this red thing ran at me and jump up my leg!

I'm just about over the minor heart attack I had as a result of that but as it turns out a man had decided it was good idea to attach a glowstick to his dog's collar. A great idea I'm sure, for the owners of the dog. But I don't really care about dogs all that much and, call me selfish, but I kind of care about me. Who lets a GLOWING dog run around a dark footpath?! Bastard.




To the man on the footpath tonight:
You gave me a huge f**king fright.
It's dark, yes, okay.
But I'd just like to say -
Your dog's glowing collar!? Not right!





.

No comments:

Post a Comment