Thursday 31 December 2009

Thirty One

It's New Years Eve! I like New Year's Eve because I usually have a really nice time. I've never been one for going out and drinking a lot or trying to fight my way through London to watch some fireworks because, well, I could go out drinking any day of the week if I wanted (and for a lot less than I imagine it costs to do it on New Years Eve...) and I know what fireworks look like so I have no real urge to see them while I'm being crushed by thousands of people.

My New Year's Eves usually involve eating nice food and then playing games. Sometimes that's with a big group of family friends, and sometimes it's just extended family or, like this year, it could just be me, my parents and my sister. We didn't have a very good Christmas this year so I'm quite excited about the prospect of us all sitting around in front of the TV with a board game and one of those Marks and Spencer "Party in for £10" deals. My family are very funny people - it will be good.

I hope whatever everyone else is doing tonight you all have a good time. And I hope that while you're doing whatever you're doing, you will still be admiring me for getting the word "enamoured" into a limerick. I know I will be.

Have fun!




My New Year's Eve's usually great.
But I know some might find it sedate.
I'm not really enamoured
Of going out getting hammered
When I could sit and play Articulate.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment