Tuesday 22 December 2009

Twenty Two

Last night I had to walk home from work because th buses weren't running due to the ice. It was a pain in the bum anyway, but even more so once I'd fallen over a few times.I came across a patch of ice that was literally as smooth as an ice skating rink and managed to fall - actually I think I'm being too kind in saying I 'fell'. It was more like 'wiped out spectacularly' - four times in very quick succession. The thing that annoyed me was that I did this in front of two bus stops with about 40 pople standing around them, it was about 10:30 at night and I imagine it must've looked pretty painful because it feels it this morning, and nobody even glanced up as far as I can tell.

In a way I'm glad they didn't because I'd have been ridiculously embarrassed if anyone had tried to help me up or anything (and I probably would have taken them down too...) but even so, I want them to want to help me. Or at least look concerned. Or both would be nice.

That was fairly early on in my journey home so after that I spent the rest of the way grumbling under my breath like a maniac and I arrived home cold and bruised, but also all ready to write a limerick. I have to say, I never thought I'd see the day I started writing "revenge limericks".

Oh, and the panto I mention is where I'm working. I say in the poem it's 'ace'. It is.




Watford is not a nice place.
They don't help when you fall on your face.
And the buses won't run
If you can't see the sun
but their panto is pretty darn ace.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment